Saturday, July 5, 2014

Cranberry white chocolate cupcakes

I've started project emptying the freezer to have room for new fresh berries! I have some cranberries that I have saved and used for special occasions. Some in smoothies and also for cakes with cranberries and caramel sauce... Another combination I wanted to try was cranberries and white chocolate. Love the mix of super sweet from white chocolate and sour fresh cranberries.

I did plan to make a coconut-white chocolate frosting to top them with but it did turn out more of a sauce than a frosting and it didn't look pretty. Although it was really good. I have to work a bit more on that frosting before I share that recipe with you.

Here is the recipe for the cupcakes.

100g soft butter
1 1/4dl sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
1/2dl coconut milk
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
11/4 tbsp salt
2 1/2dl flour
1 1/4 tbsp baking powder

100gr white chocolate
2dl cranberries

Mix the butter and sugar until its soft and creamy. Add one egg at a time and continue mixing. Add the coconut milk. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Sift the dry ingredients carefully into the egg-butter mix. Add chopped white chocolate and cranberries. Spoon the mixture into paper cases until they are 2/3 full. I got 10 big cupcakes out of this.

Bake in 175c degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!










1 comment: